Summer is the perfect time of year to fit more fruits into your diet. Colorful fruits are packed with antioxidants to keep you feeling healthy and energetic, and are also a great source of fiber.
Try these add-a-fruit tips to give your favorite meals a nutritional boost:
- Add sliced bananas, berries, or dried fruit to your oatmeal.
- Top plain yogurt with frozen berries and a drizzle of maple syrup for a sweet treat.
- Spread peanut butter on a rice cake and top with sliced bananas.
- Try vanilla frozen yogurt with blackberries, peaches, and sliced almonds.
- Wake up to waffles topped with berries.
- Thinly slice an apple for your turkey or chicken salad sandwich.
- Freeze bananas, berries, or peaches and blend with low fat milk to make a powerful smoothie.
- Stir in three tablespoons of applesauce into your pancake mix.
- Slice a handful of grapes and mix them in with your tuna fish.
- Chopped apples and raisins make a perfect topper for a summer salad.