Summer break is a time for relaxation and fun, but remember to fit in a little bit of fitness every day, too! Exercising doesn’t need to take up a lot of time. Short blocks of physical activity of approximately 10 minutes each will do the trick. Fit in at least three blocks each day and you’ll be feeling great!
Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Sign up for a 5K with your friends and train for race day together.
- Try a new fitness class like barre, hip hop, tabata or parkour.
- Ride your bike or skateboard to work.
- Visit www.alltrails.com to find hiking trails in your area.
- Hit the water with some kayaking or SUP.
- Check out free online fitness videos—you can find anything from aerobics to yoga.
- Take a run on the beach.
- Play video games that make you active.
- Ask if your hometown gym offers a summertime student membership.