The University Counseling Center (UCC) provides comprehensive initial assessments, individualized treatment plans, and support to put such a plan into action to all U of R full-time students who pay the mandatory health fee. Brief therapy is available for a variety of problems, including anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties, family problems, grief, school-related problems, and general discomfort about what’s happening in a person’s life.
Our therapists are licensed professionals and professionals-in-training from a variety of mental health disciplines. They employ many treatment approaches and draw upon a wide range of training and experience in the field of psychotherapy.
Our services include:
- Group therapy
- Therapist assisted online therapy (TAO)
- Brief individual and couples therapy
- Assistance with referral to off campus therapist
- Consulting psychiatrists available to provide prescription medication
- Same-day appointments for emergencies/risk assessment
- After hours on-call availability at (585)275-3113
- Consultations and outreach programming
Locations and Hours
UCC is located on the 3rd floor of the UHS Building on the River Campus. Satellite offices are located in the Medical Center and at the Eastman School of Music. Before your first visit, you will be asked to complete assessment forms that will help us understand you better and aid in our working with you. This allows UCC to manage resources more efficiently and provide you with the most appropriate care.
Hours of Operation (academic year)
- Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Satellite Offices: Limited number of hours. Call to schedule an appointment.
Whenever UCC offices are closed, a UCC mental health professional is on call and available by phone for urgent and emergency situations.
University Counseling Center: 585-275-3133
University Health Service: 585-275-2662
Health Information/Advice: 585-275-1160
Health Insurance Office: 585-275-2637
Health Promotion Office: 585-273-5770